Frisbee Bird Feeder
- 2 old throwing saucers(frisbees),
- 1 empty 1 quart size mayonnaise jar
- 1 short piece of 1″ dowel 1/2″ long
- 1 coffee mug hook
- 1 round head screw #8 x 1
- hot glue gun
- compass (for drawing circles)
- exacto knife
1. Start by drawing a 3″ circle in the center of the saucer you choose for the top
2.Cut out the 3″ circle and remove the piece
3.drill a 1/16″ pilot hole in the center of the bottom of the sauce and the mayo jar
4. drill the same pilot hole in the center of the dowel and the jar cover
5. Cut 4 hole 3/4″ diameter in the side of the jar at the very bottom as shown in attached drawing that also shows how the pieces are assembled
6. With the #8 screw attach the bottom saucer to the bottom of the mayo jar
7. Apply a bead of hot glue completely around the joint of the jar and saucer
8. Set the top saucer over the top of the mayo jar and hot glue the 2 together as shown in the drawing
9. Screw the coffee mug hook through the top of the jar cover and into the center of the dowel and tighten
Tuna Can Candy Dishes
Clean Tuna cans and paint the outside or decoupage with craft paper. Fill with candy and display as part of a table setting.
Mosaic Stepping Stones
Use broken glass or broken ceramic kitchen items to create a mosaic. Pick up a cement mix from a local home improvement or craft store. Use a tin pie pan as a mold and poor cement into the mold. Place glass pieces in a design on the top and let try. Cut away tin pan when dry.
Cardboard Tube Party Poppers
- Toilet Paper Tubes
- Tissue Paper
- Wrapping paper
- Small trinkets, candy, notes etc….
1. Cut tissue paper large enough to go around roll and hang over edges about 2 in. Cut wrapping paper in the same manner, but only let hang over about 1 1/2 in to 1 3/4 in.
2. Cut toilet paper roll in half. Place two halves of roll back together as if you hadn’t cut them.
3. Wrap tissue paper around tube and tape. Do the same with the wrapping paper, centering in the middle of the tissue paper. Fill with toys, candy etc.
4. Take lengths of ribbon and GENTLY tie around ends of paper. DO NOT pull too tightly as it will rip your paper. Curl ribbon and fringe ends of paper.
5. Hold ends and pull to pop.